- Fund name: European Special Opportunities Fund IV
- Amount raised: £670m; $798m; €733m
- Hard-cap: £670m
- Time on the road: < 3 months
- Predecessor fund: RoundShield Fund III
- Legal adviser: Sidley Austin LLP
RoundShield Partners closed its fourth fund this week with £670 million ($798m; €733m) in committed capital from LPs in Europe, the Middle East, the UK and the US. Fund IV was targeting less than half of the final close figure and closed within three months of launching, the fund’s legal advisor, Sidley Austin, said in a statement. RoundShield invests in European asset-backed special opportunities, including real estate, infrastructure, other hard assets and financial assets.